21 Jan Capital Fringe Festival Venue Manager
CAPITAL FRINGE FESTIVAL VENUE MANAGER
Capital Fringe is looking for 13-15 venue managers for the Fifteenth Annual Capital Fringe Festival this July 7 to 26. Fringe Festival Venue Managers play a vital role in ensuring the festival runs on time and smoothly. Venue Managers are the primary point of contact of Capital Fringe to venue owners, artists, and patrons of their particular venue.
Fringe seeks Venue Managers that have a positive attitude, enjoy working in a team environment, ability to problem solve and have excellent communication skills. It is a plus if the Venue Manager has a strong background in technical theater and/or stage management.
- Work directly with assigned venue contact person during the Festival to ensure proper use of the space.
- Oversee fast-paced, repertory performance schedule for multiple productions.
- Assist and supervise Fringe Artists from initial technical rehearsals and during performances.
- Work with box office staff to ensure solid communication with patrons, and get shows started on time.
- Handle and troubleshoot technical problems or needs of Artists with the assistance of other Fringe Staff.
- Assist with load-in and load-out of all venues.
- Knowledge of theatre production or commensurate experience in a similar area is preferred but not required
- Ability to troubleshoot and work independently
- Some lighting, sound, or SM experience preferred but not required
- Some experience with front of house or box office preferred but not required
- General interest in theatre or event production
- Friendly demeanor, ability to manage people from different backgrounds and enforce rules/policies
TIME COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION:
The Venue Manager is a seasonal contract position from July 1 – August 2, 2020. The specific schedule is based on the performance calendar of each venue. Required training that takes place in late June, depending on the full team’s availability. Venue Manager’s pay is based on an hourly rate of $15 – $20.
The Captial Fringe Festival thanks all applicants in advance. Capital Fringe is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment & selection processes.
Submit your a one-page cover letter and resume (one document upload) below.
Deadline for applicants is March 31, 2020
|Job Category||Fringe Festival|